Welcome to Fifteen for '15

Hello everyone. 

My name is Sean and this year I am assembling a team to complete 15 major fundraising events in 2015 to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

What we're doing?
Throughout the year we will be doing various events varying from half and full marathons, cycling and walking to spin-a-thons and an auction night. I personally, will be completing all but 2 or 3 events.

Why we're doing it?
I have Cystic Fibrosis, but I am fortunate to be fit and healthy and lead a very active lifestyle. Some people with Cystic Fibrosis are not so lucky and rely on the support of the CF Trust. 
The CF trust are a fantastic organisation and are the only UK based charity supporting the fight against Cystic Fibrosis. Relying on public money and donations, they invest in cutting edge research which helps fight this potentially debilitating and life-shortening disease. They support individuals with the disease and the families who have been affected, with information and re-assurance. They campaign for better treatments and for people. 
All their hard work is going towards making the lives of those affected by Cystic Fibrosis and ultimately looking for a cure.
Whilst I am able to lead an active lifestyle, my life can often revolve around treatment, taking around 60-70 tablets each day, physio, nebulisers and regular hospital visits. All of this is available to me because of the hard work of the CF Trust. 
So, to celebrate the fact I can live an active lifestyle and to celebrate the fact I am in good health, I want to give something back. This year (2015), I am assembling a team of gorgeous people to complete 15 fundraising events - 15 for '15.
Information about all events and our training and progress will be on the 15 for '15 facebook page - www.facebook.com/fifteenfor15 - as well as on here, as we progress through the year.
Thanks for reading, I hope that you are able to get involved. Wish me luck!!!

How to get involved
Getting involved with the fifteen for '15 team couldn't be simpler. You can join the team to complete as little or as many events as you want, by donating or simply sending the positive vibes and sharing my message. (Preferably the former two options though).


Sean

Comments